Monday, March 22, 2010

Where is spring?

It tried to come a couple of days early, but it turned out to be a snowy first day of Spring. Jackson had flurries all morning!

Some highlights of my spring break:
1. Baby shower of a dear friend {except she had a wreck and couldn't make the trip from Kentucky}. Lesley and baby are fine, but her mom had to fill in and open the gifts.

2. Trip to the Delta to show Patton some of my roots. We gobbled up 6 platters of crawfish! Cole liked them too! One of the things I miss most about the Delta is mudbug season! Patton also got a glimpse of where I spent 5 years - the home of the Fighting Okra. We spent most of our time in my favorite Delta town - Greenwood, MS where we toured The Alluvian, Viking Range Corporation, and The Mississippi Gift Company.

3. Trip to Hattiesburg, MS to spend a night with my sister. While there, we had dinner at Crescent City Grill with my cousin, Chris.

4. Patton and I enjoyed the prettiest Mississippi day with a walk around Mirror Lake and not one but 2 games of Putt-Putt.

5. Right Over Left played in Jackson for the second time this year. They rocked out Mc B.'s to raise money for a lung cancer patient. It was a huge success and a lot of fun!



Now I'm back to work. State testing starts tomorrow. We had a pep rally to get the kids excited. I sure do love some 80s!

1 comment:

Missy Morgan said...

cute pics! i think the 80's should be your style everyday! i love it!