Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Hiding Place

I'm not a big reader. I would like to be, but I just can't seem to find the time during the school year. Out of the few books I have read that I highly recommend is Safely Home by Randy Alcorn. At first I thought it was a book for those who are mission minded, but I think it is a must read for all. The books seem to be stacking up next to my bed and the list of recommendations is growing. I am eager to read them, so I'm going to try to set a goal to read one book a month.

I'm currently reading The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom. I am intrigued by the language of this book. I find myself reflecting on these words...

"I know that the experiences of our lives, when we let God use them, become the mysterious and perfect preparation for the work He will give us to do."

4 comments:

By My Pen said...

i loooooooooooove your blog name, and the spelling of course. Ok, so we are keeping our promises to do that one thing (book, painting) once a month. And I will post a pic, too. Miss you,
Em

By My Pen said...

How on earth did you find this amazing template??I've searched everywhere...Missy's looks might nice, too...any help?

KA said...

I read The Hiding Place in highschool and it was a favorite. I need to re-read it. My stack of "books to read" has overtaken both drawers of a bedside table and a couple shelves in another closet...out of control.

Anonymous said...

update!